Shainin is a global consulting company focused on solving the most complex technical problems in the world. Shainin’s methodology has been built and optimized for technical solving with a focus on speed, efficiency and sustainability on complex, constrained environments.
Shainin’s consultants combine statistical thinking with engineering-inspired insight to solve problems that were thought to be unsolvable. We find root causes, reduce risks, improving system performance, ensuring quality and guaranteeing optimized operations.
As part of growing footprint in Asia, the Shanghai office is looking to fill the position of an Associate Consultant in China. We are looking for an individual with an inquisitive mind, a desire to solve the most complex problems in the world with a dynamic international team.
The Associate Consultant will provide targeted technical support with the objective of identifying and addressing root causes of quality problems at automotive, aerospace and industrial clients.
In problem solving engagements, Associate works as part of a team to consult clients to understand current state by identifying and collecting data, supporting strategy development and executing Shainin tools to find the root causes to client’s most challenging technical problems. The Associate Consultant works on-site with clients to further develop and implement corrective actions to permanently eliminate the client’s problems.
In training services, the Associate will support the development of Shainin knowledge base and clients’ continuous improvement programs. The Associate is expected to build up his/her skill set to eventually train and coaching clients in the Shainin methodology.
Necessary prerequisites for this position are excellent interpersonal and engineering skills, with an amplitude for solving technical and quality problems. Knowledge of commonly known quality improvement and problem-solving methodology (KT, 6 Sigma etc.) is required, while a Shainin background is an added advantage.
The role will require up to 80% travel and the candidate can be based in any city closed to a major airport and train station.
The role of the Shainin Associate Consultant includes:
- Gather data, process flows, samples and relevant information to understand current state of problem in projects
- Support development of investigative Shainin strategies in for a thorough analysis of root causes in projects
- Effectively execute Shainin methodology and tools, and manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- Develop excellent working relationship with the client’s project team to effectively organize action items in projects
- Effectively communicate relevant results and project information to project team and client in a project
- Provide training of Shainin methodology to clients as part of Shainin training services
- Provide project coaching and certification to clients as part of Shainin training services
- Minimum 4 years’ engineer work experience in quality, engineering or manufacturing
- Preferred 2 years of consulting and/or process improvement experience, but not necessary
- Experience working with Shainin or other related quality improvement/problem solving methodology
- Statistical knowledge and use of statistical software tools.
- Experiencing working within diverse groups of stakeholders and effectively facilitating teams.
- Experience in test lab and/or shop floor production environment
Education and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Bilingual: Native Chinese with fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with Shainin or related quality improvement methodology required
- Statistical knowledge
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical skills
If you are interested in working at Shainin and if you have specialized skills or expertise that do not match our current openings, we encourage you to submit your resume for consideration. Having your resume in our files will give us the opportunity to contact you. Please send us your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.