Shainin is a global consulting company focused on solving the most complex technical problems in the world. Shainin’s methodology has been built and optimized for technical solving with a focus on speed, efficiency and sustainability on complex, constrained environments.
Shainin’s consultants combine statistical thinking with engineering-inspired insight to solve problems that were thought to be unsolvable. We find root causes, reduce risks, improving system performance, ensuring quality and guaranteeing optimized operations.
As part of growing footprint in Asia, the Shanghai office is looking to fill the position of a Consultant in China. We are looking for an individual with an inquisitive mind, a desire to solve the most complex problems in the world with a dynamic international team.
The Consultant will provide targeted technical support with the objective of identifying and addressing root causes of quality problems at automotive, aerospace and industrial clients.
In problem solving engagements, Consultant works as part of a team to consult clients to understand current state by identifying and collecting data, supporting strategy development and executing Shainin tools to find the root causes to client’s most challenging technical problems. The Consultant works on-site with clients to further develop and implement corrective actions to permanently eliminate the client’s problems.
In training services, the Consultant will support the development of Shainin knowledge base and clients’ continuous improvement programs. The Consultant is expected to coach clients in the Shainin methodology and build up his/her skill set to eventually train.
Necessary prerequisites for this position are excellent interpersonal and engineering skills, with an amplitude for solving technical and quality problems.
A minimum of 6 years industry experience in the areas of Quality, Engineering and/or Manufacturing is required in the automotive, industrial, medical or aerospace industry.
Solid experience in Shainin methodology and Red X Journeyman certification is required in addition to knowledge of commonly known quality improvement and problem-solving methodology (KT, 6 Sigma etc.). A Red X Master or Red X Master candidate qualification will be an added advantage.
The role will require up to 80% travel and the candidate can be based in any city closed to a major airport and train station.
The role of the Shainin Consultant includes:
- Support development of investigative Shainin strategies in for a thorough analysis of root causes in projects
- Execute of the investigative strategies through hands-on data and sample collection at the shop floor level and apply Shainin methodology and tools to understand current state of problem in projects
- Effectively communicate relevant results and project information to project team and client executive team
- Develop excellent working relationship with the client’s project team to effectively organize action items in projects
- Train clients in the Shainin Red X methodology, coach projects and certify clients per Shainin certification requirements
- Minimum 6 years’ engineer work experience in quality, engineering or manufacturing
- Minimum certification as a Red X® Journeyman with 2 years’ experience with Red X methodology. A Red X Master certification or Master Candidate will be an added advantage
- Preferred 2 years of consulting, project management or process improvement experience, but not necessary
- Knowledge of other related quality improvement/problem solving methodology and statistical software tools can be helpful
- Experiencing working within diverse groups of stakeholders and effectively facilitating teams in a fast pace high pressure environment
- Experience in test lab and/or shop floor production environment and be able to communicate with high level executives at the client
- Experience with managing multiple projects at the same time
Education and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Red X Journeyman certification minimum
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual: Native Chinese with fluent written and spoken English
If you are interested in working at Shainin and if you have specialized skills or expertise that do not match our current openings, we encourage you to submit your resume for consideration. Having your resume in our files will give us the opportunity to contact you. Please send us your application and resume to email@example.com.