Business Development Manager for Shainin: The Red X® Company
– This is the way I describe myself: I am….
- Talented in the art of persuasion and can present and communicate very well
- Skilled at developing good personal relationships and creating a network of contacts
- Self-motivated and I love to learn about new industries and technologies
- A professional who enjoys having responsibility for developing new markets
- Disciplined, and capable of handling complex challenges
- Keen on coordinating my own schedule, appointments, and calendar
- Eager to travel and discover different parts of the country
- Interested in helping companies solve complex technical problems
- A professional with 10 to 20 years of experience in one or more industries
- Interested in working for a company that has an open and international culture and empowers its people to succeed
If these sentences describe you, then we might have the perfect job for you. Continue reading to find out more:
Shainin is specialized in helping medium to large companies solve complex technical problems by finding the primary root cause quickly through the use of our Red X methodology. We are looking for a full time Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the United States and Canada. We provide both Problem-Solving and Training services to many diverse types of industries, and across a wide swath of different technologies. Historically the majority of our customers have been in the Automotive and Aerospace industries and now we are beginning to penetrate more and more new industrial segments that are less aware of our technology. For this reason, we are looking for a highly driven, self-starting, disciplined individual to help us develop new clients in a wide variety of industries across the entire country.
Detailed List of Responsibilities:
- Research and identify potential new customers, industries, and market segments
- Visit potential new customers and present the Shainin methodology, as well as its legacy, heritage, and diverse technologies
- Develop an understanding for the problem-solving and problem-prevention needs of potential new industries and market segments to facilitate and plan for Shainin’s business development
- Participate in the team effort to adapt and modify existing services to fit the needs of targeted new industries and market segments
- Establish a strong foundation of relationships with executives and directors in diverse manufacturing industries
- Successfully negotiate contracts for Shainin services with new customers
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and communicate actions and activities with potential new clients across the country
- You can be based anywhere in the United States provided you have good access to a major airport
Personality Profile and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to pick up on and identify customer needs
- Charismatic personality, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused and calm when under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and handle responsibilities with competing priorities
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (in Engineering or other technical field preferred)
- Strong sense of logic, attention to detail with the tenacity to grow Shainin’s business in new industries and companies
- Ability to work hands-on in different industries, managing multiple customers and market segments
- Experience with problem solving and/or quality improvement methodologies
- Understanding of manufacturing and product development.
- Outstanding customer relationship management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience using spreadsheets and presentation software.
- 10 to 20 years of work experience
- Willingness to travel extensively
- United States Citizen
- Shainin certification, either as a Rolling Top 5® Leader or Red X® problem solver.
- Familiarity with quantification and mitigation of risk
- Knowledge in application of statistical analysis and data analytics
- A solid problem solver having been exposed to some of the common problem-solving methodologies such as Red X, Six Sigma, Kepner Trego or others
- Driven to be part of a winning team and owning responsibility for success.
Please note! Only applications with a full CV (Resume) and Cover Letter will be considered. If you are qualified and interested, then send your resume and cover letter (including mention of your income earliest possible start date and income expectation) to the following email address: email@example.com
“Simplicity, speed, and effectiveness in complex technical problem solving.”
We are a global engineering services company specialized in root cause investigation and professional development. With offices in Seattle, Detroit, Munich, Bursa, Pune and Shanghai; we have 72 years of experience and expertise in structured problem solving, resilient engineering, reliability, and business process optimization. Shainin`s engineers have a profound understanding of statistical thinking combined with engineering insight and are capable of solving the most complex problems where the root cause is hidden.
Shainin’s methodology has been built and optimized for technical problem solving with a focus on speed, efficiency and sustainability in complex and constrained environments.
Since the invention of the Red X® methodology by Dorian Shainin, we have developed more than 60 statistically based techniques and tools designed for solving highly complicated problems. Shainin works with the majority the world’s leading OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers in the Automotive, Aerospace, and general manufacturing industries. We are a global company and are looking for a very talented business development manager in the United States.
At Shainin, you`ll find a dynamic and rewarding ecosystem, shared by motivated multi-cultural teammates filled with enthusiasm, drive, and creativity. On a daily basis we help customers solve their most complex problems as well as develop resilient and reliable new products and services. We love what we do because we have a passion for problem solving and prevention.