Webinar Privacy & Data Policy
For residents of the EU
For non-EU residents, view policy here
Terms & Conditions on the Participation in Webinars
- The participation in the webinar offered by Shainin GmbH (“Shainin”) is free of charge and directed exclusively at companies and merchants (“Customers”). The webinar is a free service and Customers cannot claim any right to access or participation in the webinar.
- Consumers in the meaning of Sec. 13 of the German Civil Code (BGB) cannot participate in the webinar.
- Shainin determines at its own discretion, the content of the webinar and the participating speakers and presenters. Shainin reserves the right to cancel the webinar at its sole discretion, at any time. Shainin does not guarantee that the presentation of the webinar is free of errors and functions without interruption and does not give any warranty with respect to the context of the webinar.
- Shainin is not liable, regardless of the cause, for any costs or damage caused by (i) (business) decisions made by Customers or any other participants of the webinars based on the webinar or (ii) the provision of incorrect or incomplete information in the webinar. Apart from the aforementioned, the liability of Shainin in the context of the participation in the webinar is excluded, with the exception of liability for (i) damages arising from injury to life, body or health, (ii) other damages based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by Shainin, (iii) damages arising from a breach of a guarantee rendered by Shainin or (iv) damages under compelling statutory law. With respect to fundamental obligations of Shainin, the compliance of which can be expected by the Customers, Shainin shall be liable also for simple negligence, however only for reasonably foreseeable damages.
- Customers may not sell, let, dispose of or grant restricted rights to the (access to the) webinar or make these available to third parties in any way or for any purpose.
- The contents of the webinar are protected by copyright. It is prohibited to save, record, share, post, copy, modify or distribute the webinar session and its content without Shainin’s prior written permission.
- In the context of registration and participation in the webinar, Shainin will process personal data of Customer and the participants as per the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). Shainin will process this personal data in accordance with applicable data protection law and the Data protection information below.
- The terms and conditions shall be subject to German law without its provisions on the conflict of laws. For Clients which are merchants, legal persons under public law, or special assets under public law, the exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be the seat of Shainin.
Data Protection Information:
It is important to Shainin GmbH (“Shainin”) and its affiliates to help our customers and prospective customers to retain their privacy when they visit this webinar. Your privacy is important to us. Therefore we will protect the information you share with us in this context. Your personal registration information will not be sold or given to any third party without legal basis. We will use necessary security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access.
When you register for a webinar with Shainin, you are asked to provide us with your personal information, including your name, email address, phone number, employer and title.
This information entails personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The processing of your personal data in order to register for and take part in the webinar is permissible pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR (performance of contract). The processing of your personal data is necessary in order to perform the agreement on taking part in the webinar.
The data controller is Shainin GmbH, Frankfurter Ring 193a 80807 München; the contact details of our data protection officer are Rylan Sharpe, Frankfurter Ring 193a 80807 München.
The personal data shall initially be used and stored for the purpose to take part in the webinar. Apart from this main purpose, provided your prior consent, we wish to use your personal data in order to send you updates about Shainin, news about Shainin, targeted advertisement and Shainin training courses available. The processing of your personal data for the aforementioned purpose is permissible pursuant to your prior consent as per Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR (informed consent). Your consent can be revoked at any time.
The webinar may be recorded for Shainin’s internal business purposes and to provide the webinar to those who may have been unable to attend. The recording covers only the screen and the person speaking. Your personal information, attendance, or any other identifiable information will not be recorded or shared. Any questions you may raise during the webinar will be entered in a chat window for the presenter; the presenter will read the question only without mentioning your personal information and without any recording of your identifying or identifiable information.
The provision of personal data is not required by law but is necessary for the performance and participation in the webinar. There is no automated individual decision-making in relation to the personal data.
We only share information with third parties with your consent, to comply with laws, protect your rights or to fulfil legal obligations. The use/storage ends with the end of the webinar or, if you have given us consent for further use, until the consent is revoked by you.
You have the right to obtain from Shainin information about the personal data stored about you by Shainin, including the recipients or categories of recipients to whom such data are disclosed and the purpose for which they are stored (Article 15 GDPR). You have the right to rectification of your data (Article 16 GDPR); if Shainin becomes aware of the inaccuracy of personal data, the data will be corrected. Furthermore, you have the right to erasure of your data (Article 17 GDPR), the right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR) and the right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR).
All requests for information or enquiries regarding data processing can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Shainin GmbH Frankfurter Ring 193a 80807 München.
Furthermore, there is – without prejudice to other administrative and judicial remedies – a right of appeal to the competent data protection supervisory authority.