Find Your Place at Shainin
Every problem is solvable! We believe that. If that’s you, you’re in the right place.
When looking for new members to join our team we look for individuals that believe what we believe. Our customers rely on us to solve their most critical problems, often when they’ve come to believe that the problem is unsolvable. We take a different approach. Our approach has carried us through. It’s made us who we are today and will continue to support our growth as individuals and as a team.
If you’re ready to try a different approach to problem solving because you believe every problem is solvable, let’s chat.
We're Hiring an Accounts Assistant!
Shainin is a global engineering services company that uses its Red X® methodology to solve problems that were thought to be unsolvable for manufacturers worldwide. This includes servicing manufacturers directly and/or providing their engineers with training so that they can solve problems more effectively. Some of the industries we support include aerospace, automotive, electronics, health care products and consumer products. Along with technical problem-solving, our services have evolved to support business process performance and optimization.
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our US and European financial team. The ability to read German is required.
Ultimately, you will help our accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
- Reconcile vendor invoices and identify discrepancies
- Process reimbursement forms
- Process cash receipts
- Credit card reconciliation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Enter financial transactions into accounting system
- Assist with payroll processing
- Assist with preparation of monthly close and annual audits
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- The ability to read German
- Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Able to work independently with little supervision
Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred) The ideal candidate has a background in bookkeeping with a high school diploma or GED (additional education or training preferred).
We’re hiring an eXpert in Problem Solving in South Korea!
If you enjoy and are self-motivated by:
- Solving complex problems throughout industries
- Helping companies in achieving operational excellence
- Leading your own projects at client sites, engineering centers or remotely
- Training and coaching engineers in the Red X methodology
- Supporting clients throughout Asia
…then we might have the right job to develop yourself professionally and personally.
About Shainin – The Red X Company
“Simplicity, speed, and effectiveness in complex technical problem solving”
We are a global engineering services company specialized in root cause investigation and professional development. With offices in Seattle, Detroit, Sao Paulo, Munich, Pune and Shanghai; we offer more than 70 years of experience and expertise in structured problem solving, resilient engineering, reliability, and business process optimization. Shainin engineers have a profound understanding of statistical thinking combined with engineering insight to solve the most complex problems where the root cause is hidden.
Since the invention of the Red X methodology by Dorian Shainin we have developed more than 60 statistically based techniques and tools designed for solving highly complicated problems.
At Shainin, you will find a dynamic and rewarding environment, shared by motivated multi-cultural teammates filled with enthusiasm, drive, and creativity. On a daily basis we help customers solve their most complex problems and help them develop resilient and reliable new products and services.
- Leading Complex Problem Solving Projects at our clients in Asia
- Training Engineers in the Red X methodology
- Coaching Red X Candidates on site and remotely
- Certifying Red X Candidates based on project reviews and candidate interviews
- Supporting business development in Asia
- Leading internal projects and contributing to the growth of the company
- Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree in Engineering or Science
- 5+ years of professional experience
- You are a certified Red X Journeyman or Master
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in Chinese and English
- Ability to work hands-on in different industries, multiple projects and cross functional teams
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong sense of logic
- Ability to structure problem solving strategies while paying attention to details
- Outstanding project management skills
The skills which may make the difference:
- You speak other language(s) like Chinese or Japanese
- You are experienced in statistical problem solving and quality improvement methodologies
- You are an expert in Big Data and Data Analysis
Are you interested? Please fill out the form below or send your cover letter and CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: South Korea, completely flexible
Start Date: ASAP